Foxtel announces new executive team
Foxtel Networks Australia has announced several new key television executives who have been appointed in recent months.
Brendon Moo has been appointed to the role of general manager, general entertainment channels, and will oversee the management of FOX8, Arena, FOX Classics, The Comedy Channel and 111 HITS.
In a statement announcing the changes, Foxtel executive director of television, Brian Walsh, said: “Brendon joined the company in 2003 to launch Foxtel Digital. His extensive experience across publicity, marketing, programming and production sets him in great stead for his new role, at the helm of some of the platform’s most important brands.”
Foxtel’s Music Channels general manager Shaun James will now also oversee the Foxtel Networks Digital team. "In addition to running the hugely successful music brands – Channel [V], [V] Hits, CMC and MAX – Shaun will also manage the digital area of our ever expanding business. The digital space for Foxtel Networks has enormous promotional and commercial potential, and Shaun will be a great asset in this area.”
Graham Burrells has been appointed to the role of creative director, movies and drama. "Graham is one of the most outstanding creative directors in the business and a long term Foxtel executive. I am delighted he has agreed to take on this wide and varied role across our recently launched Foxtel Movies and Premium Drama channels,” Walsh said.
Paul Macionis has been appointed to the role of senior production and business affairs manager, and will report to head of production, Duane Hatherly. "Paul will now be responsible for both business affairs and financial management across the production group, including productions from general entertainment, lifestyle and factual,” Walsh said.
Ross Crowley, director of programming and channels, will now oversee main event and on demand TV.
No executives have left Foxtel as part of the restructure, a spokesman said.
Foxtel Networks Australia produces: 111 HITS, Arena, A&E, Bio, Channel [V], Country Music Channel, The Comedy Channel, Crime & Investigation Network, FOX8, FOX Classics, Foxtel Movies, FOXTEL On Demand, The History Channel, MAIN EVENT, MAX, showcase, SoHo, The LifeStyle Channel, LifeStyle FOOD, LifeStyle HOME, LifeStyle YOU and [V] HITS.
The full executive team now consists of:
- Brian Walsh – Executive Director of Television
- Ross Crowley – Director of Programming and Channels
- Duane Hatherly – General Manager, LifeStyle Channels and Head of Production
- Shaun James – General Manager, Music Channels and Head of Digital, Foxtel Networks
- Brendon Moo – General Manager, General Entertainment Channels
- Jim Buchan – General Manager, Factual Channels
- Jamie Campbell – General Manager, Publicity and Talent
- Andrew Mulready – Head of Advertising and Strategic Integration
- Fleur Fahey – General Manager, Acquisitions
- Travis Conneeley – Creative Director, Foxtel
- Rhonda Dawson – General Manager, Magazine and Platform Communications
- Graham Burrells – Creative Director, Movies and Drama
- Uriah Blair – Brand Strategy and Creative Manager, Foxtel Networks
- Hannah Barnes – Head of Programming and Commissions, LifeStyle Channels
- Fraser Stark – Channel Operations Manager, General Entertainment Channels
- Paul Myers – Channel Operations Manager, Factual Channels
- Geoff Rupp – Head of On Demand TV and Emerging Platforms
- Angus Pitt – Commercial Director, Main Event