Australia-China Film Industry Forum set for Beijing
Screen Australia, in partnership with Ausfilm and the Australian Embassy Beijing, will co-host the 5th Australia-China Film Industry Forum in Beijing on April 20.
This forum, with a feature film focus, is aimed at strengthening relations between the film industries in Australia and China. It will be held as part of the Industry Conversations segment at the Beijing Film Market (April 17-20) and will profile Australian industry expertise, business and co-production opportunities.
The forum will be held in conjunction with a Screen Australia presence at the Beijing International Film Festival and an Australian Pavilion, managed by Ausfilm, in the marketplace.
Calendar of events:
• 16–23 April 2015: Beijing International Film Festival
• 17–20 April 2015: Beijing Film Market (including Film Factor Market and Pitch and Catch)
• 19 April 2015: Australia-China Film Industry Networking Event
• 20 April 2015: Australia-China Film Industry Forum.
The following Screen Australia representatives will be in Beijing:
• Graeme Mason, CEO
• Alex Sangston, Senior Manager, Producer Offset and Co-production
• Elena Guest, Manager, Enterprise & Industry, Business and Audience.
Australian producers who plan to be in Beijing for these dates should contact Elena Guest at firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 March 2015 for information relating to the above events, including submission details for the Pitch and Catch event (submission deadline 15 March 2015).