Blame set for Toronto

10 September, 2010 by IF

Press release

VCA alumni Director/ Writer Michael “Hank” Henry and producer Michael Robinson, alongside Western Australian producers Melissa Kelly and Ryan Hodgson, have landed in Toronto and prepare to screen feature film Blame at the biggest film Festival in North America.

Advertisement

Blame, a tense psychological drama about a group of young vigilantes, seeking revenge for a sexual betrayal, premiered to a packed house at the Melbourne International Film Festival earlier this year and screens at the Toronto International Film Festival on Sunday 12th September at 7pm.

Starring a collection of Victoria’s finest actors, Blame brings together VCA graduates Simon Stone (Balibo, Kokoda, Jindabyne), Mark Winter (Balibo, Van Diemen’s Land) and Ashley Zukerman (Ch10’s Rush, The Pacific). Also joining the ensemble lineup are Sophie Lowe (Beautiful Kate, Blessed), Kestie Morassi (Wolf Creek, Dirty Deeds, Satisfaction, Underbelly) and 2009 AFI-winner Damian de Montemas (Underbelly, Secret Life of Us).

"The ride is an intense, thrilling rollercoaster. Cast with the creme de la creme of young Australian actors, director Michael Henry utilizes this uber attractive talent pool to great effect" said Jane Schoettle International Programmer for the Toronto International Film Festival.

Producer Ryan Hodgson is eagerly awaiting the international reviews. “We are flattered with the response the film received at the MIFF Premiere and at Cinefest Oz in Busselton, and we are really looking forward to our screenings here in Toronto,” he said.

BLAME is a Factor 30 Films and 3monkeyfilms co-production, and has been financed by ScreenWest, MIFF Premiere Fund, Screen Australia and Private Investment. The film had its red carpet world premiere in front of an appreciative 500+ person capacity crowd at the Melbourne International Film Festival on 30 July and Peter Castaldi’s Pack Screen will release it in Australian cinemas in the first half of 2011.

 

 

 

 

 

 

.