Calling for applications from regionally-based female writers & directors
Participants selected for The Athena Project will receive screen industry career advice and guidance from some of Australia’s most outstanding female filmmakers. The project is open to female writers and directors from regional areas across Australia and aims to:
• leverage initial success in the screen industry
• build professional networks
• create viable career pathways
The Athena Project includes two events that will be held at The Byron at Byron Resort and include:
• a public Screen Industry Careers Forum on 8 November 2016
• a two-day selective residential workshop on 9 November and 10 November 2016
Residential workshop participants will be supported to develop individual career plans and will receive strategic assistance for up to 12 months, to implement these plans.
Guest Speakers include:
• Gillian Armstrong; Writer/Director (Women He’s Undressed, My Brilliant Career)
• Debbie Lee; Director of Scripted Development at Matchbox Pictures (The Family Law, Glitch)
• Felicity Packard; Screenwriter (Janet King, Anzac Girls)
• Cate McQuillen; Director (dirtgirlworld)
• Monica Davidson; Creative Industries career advisor
• Victoria Baldock; Director Verve International
Deadline for applications is midday Thursday 8 September 2016 NSW Eastern Standard Time.
The Athena Project is a Screenworks initiative funded by Screen Australia through the Genders Matters: Brilliant Careers program.