- This event has passed.
Screen Australia and Screenwest’s Out Now is a scripted funding initiative open exclusively to web series proposals from LGBTQIA+ Western Australian creative teams keen to shape the future of LGBTQIA+ storytelling.
Six applications will be shortlisted and receive $2,000 in development funding. These six shortlisted teams will then take part in a series of development workshops to get their projects in the best shape possible to apply for production funding.
Following the development workshops, up to three of the shortlisted applicants will receive up to $100,000.00 per project in further production funding from Screenwest and Screen Australia.
Teams applying for funding must be:
- Be a Western Australian resident filmmaking team (producer, writer, director).
- Have an LGBTQIA+ identifying writer and director attached.
- If applying for the Indigenous strand, two out of three key creatives (writer/director/producer) must identify as Indigenous. One of these key creatives must be the writer.
- Be able to complete the series within one year of the date of their contract (including projects that contain animation or CGI).
- Have a separate producer and director attached to the project. Submissions with director/producer applicants will not be eligible.
The project must also be episodic (a minimum of two episodes) and no longer than 30 minutes in total length.