Hoyts launches cinema ticket booking Facebook application
Press release from Hoyts
Australia’s favourite cinema chain, Hoyts, is set to change the way that film lovers buy their cinema tickets, with the introduction of a first of its kind Facebook application, Social Tix™. The innovative Facebook application will allow film buffs from around the country to socially plan and socially buy their Hoyts tickets.
Facebook fans will be able to use Social Tix to create an event, invite their friends, reserve seats and buy tickets, whilst sharing the step-by-step experience with their friends via their news feed and wall posts.
Once film lovers have become a fan of the Hoyts’ Facebook page, Social Tix will enable them to:
• Browse for their local cinema and session times
• Select a film or create their own wish-list of upcoming movies they’d like to see
• Create an event in which to invite their friends
• Select and reserve seats for their friends
• The payment option allows film buffs to either pay for all of the allocated tickets, or invite their friends to accept the invitation and pay for their own ticket. Whether the tickets are paid in one transaction or many, the app will reserve your place and allow you to sit with your friends in seats of your choice.
Anthony Thiessen, Marketing Director said, “Going to the movies has always been a fun and sociable experience and we believe the Social Tix application will take this to a whole other level. At the click of a button you can buy tickets, invite friends and share it all online; providing a unique, interactive and convenient experience like never before.”
The Social Tix application is found at the official Hoyts Facebook page under the ‘What’s New’ tab and then ‘Times & Tickets’. Please visit: facebook.com/hoytsaustralia