Mudfest finalists announced
[press release from Mudfest]
Elliot Rocke Mudfest, the Mudgee International Short Film Festival screening on Saturday the 21st of March has announced another truly international line up of films as finalists.
As in the previous 3 years over 500 entries were received from all over the globe and this international flavour is well represented in the finalist films.
Finalist films selected for this years festival are (not necessarily in screening order):
• Sticky Situation (3m, Australia) dir. by Simon Dewar
• Porque hay cosas que nunca se olvidan (Because there are things you never forget … 13m, Spain) dir. by LUCAS M. FIGUEROA
• End of the Road (5m, Australia) dir. by Benoit McCullough
• È Finita la Commedia (The End of Comedy … 13m, Belgium) dir. by Jean-Julien Collette, Olivier Tollet
• Be My Brother (7m, Australia) sub. by Genevieve Clay
• Sebastian’s Voodoo (4m, U S A) dir. by Joaquin Baldwin
• Brother Boys (13m, Australia) dir. by Simon Blyth
• A Man of Letters (7m, United Kingdom) dir. by Thomas Turley
• GREED (2m, Sweden) dir. by Alli Sadegiani
• The Long Wooden Tobogganist (4m, Canada) dir. by Andrew Wall
• CoCo Nut (5m, U S A) dir. by jiunnfu su
• Four Minutes til Noon (3m, U S A) dir. by Jonathan Taylor
• Lost & Found (3m, United Kingdom) sub. by James Shilton
• Spider (9m, Australia) sub. by Nicole O’Donohue / Nash Edgerton
• Unto Others (2 m, Australia) sub. by Roy Carroll
Co-founder of Elliot Rocke Mudfest, Peter Scott commented, “We are once again staggered by the response from the global film making community. We have another high quality selection of films and the audience will once again be treated to viewing some films that can only be seen in Australia at Elliot Rocke Mudfest” he also added “It’s also great to see Australia well represented in the finalist selection and I’m sure it will be tough for the judges to pick the prize for the best Australian entry which is being sponsored by FUJIFILM for the first time this year.”
Tickets to Elliot Rocke Mudfest are now available and are quickly being snapped up. A limited amount of tickets are sold prior to the event as our wet weather venue, the recently re-painted Regent Theatre, has limited capacity so to guarantee your seat at Elliot Rocke Mudfest rain hail or shine it’s wise to grab you tickets early. Tickets are $25 per person and include a complimentary glass of wine on arrival.
Tickets can be purchased online through the Mudfest website, the Elliot Rocke Estate cellar door, Butcher Shop Café Mudgee or from Mudgee Region Tourism Mudgee.
So far the long range weather forecast is looking good so we have our fingers crossed for a great night of Wine, Food & Films under the stars on the lawns of the Elliot Rocke Estate cellar door.
Elliot Rocke Mudfest screens on the 3rd Saturday of March each year with the 2009 festival taking place on Saturday March 21.