Network Ten grows In 2014
Network Ten ended the 2014 ratings year as the only free-to-air television network to increase its audience among 25-to-54-year-olds.
Network Ten’s prime time 25 to 54 audience grew 2.2% during the year, while its total people audience was up 2.6%. The network also posted audience growth in under 55s and over 55s. The growth in 25 to 54s and total people represented the first time Network Ten had achieved increases in those demographics since 2011.
After early May, the main TEN channel lifted its prime time audience 38.3% in 25 to 54s, 34% in total people and 37.3% in under 55s compared with the preceding 10 weeks (excluding Easter), thanks to the success of programs such as MasterChef Australia, Offspring, Family Feud, The Bachelor Australia, The Living Room, the XX Commonwealth Games and others.
Network Ten Chief Executive Officer, Hamish McLennan, said: “Our strategy of focusing on 25 to 54s and Event TV, including premium live sport, was fully implemented from May this year. That strategy, plus a sharper focus on promotions and marketing, is attracting more viewers and creating more consistent results.
“We saw strong audience growth for the TEN channel from early May on, particularly among 25 to 54s. Across the year, TEN increased its audience in 30 of the 63 half-hours in prime time each week. TEN also increased its prime time audience on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
“Our multi-channels ONE and ELEVEN performed very well during 2014. ONE increased its total people audience 29.3%. In late July to early August, ONE posted the biggest weekly audience ever for any multi-channel thanks to the XX Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland,” Mr McLennan said.
Network Ten 2014 Audience Report.
Survey Period Weeks 7 to 48.
• Network Ten Only Network To Grow In 25 To 54s
• Network Ten Also Up In Total People And Under 55s
• TEN Audience Up Since Early May In 25 To 54s And Total People
• ONE’s Audience Soars 29.3%, Fastest Growing Multi-Channel in Australia
• MasterChef Winner Announced Out-Rates The Voice and X Factor Winners
• Network Ten #1 In Day Time For The 14th Consecutive Year
• www.tenplay.com.au: 150 Million Video Views, 266 Million Page Views
• 100 Social Media Channels, 8 Million Followers