Registrations are open for the 2018 Screen Makers Conference & Marketplace, presented by Adelaide screen culture organisation, the Media Resource Centre. The conference will take place over two packed days, Friday 27 and Saturday 28 July, at the Mercury Cinema in Adelaide’s CBD.
If you’re a writer, director, producer or creative, register now for an impressive line-up of speakers, panel sessions, masterclasses, roundtables, one-on-one pitching opportunities and formal networking events.
New to the Screen Makers Conference in 2018 is Pitch-o-rama, an exciting development opportunity being offered by ABC iview and the Media Resource Centre. This is your chance to pitch a concept for a scripted web series to a panel of industry representatives, live on stage at the conference – with the winning pitch receiving $10,000 development funding. Find out how to submit your pitch for Pitch-o-rama – entries close Monday 9 July.
Broadcasters, distributors, international sales agents and representatives from Screen Australia, Foxtel, ABC, SBS, Matchbox Pictures, XYZ, Start VR, Madman Entertainment, Australian Directors’ Guild, AFTRS, and the South Australian Film Corporation will be at Screen Makers Conference 2018, as well as leading production companies keen to connect with industry talent.
The Screen Makers Conference is your chance to:
– gather relevant and vital industry intelligence
– gain exposure to the national marketplace, and pitch your project one-on-one to decision-makers
– form collaborations with fellow content creators
– discover new trends and opportunities
– develop your professional skills in a supportive environment
– identify career pathways, and learn how to accelerate a career in an ever-changing landscape, and
– enjoy an inclusive atmosphere, welcoming practitioners working in all screens (film, television, documentary, online) and disciplines (producers, directors, writers).
This conference, now in its fourth year, will sell out, so register now.