Flying Bark managing director Barbara Stephen is the new vice president of the Screen Producers Australia Council, succeeding Tania Chambers who remains on as a councillor.
Fremantle’s head business and legal affairs Amy Noble also joins the council as a new member, while Janelle Landers, president WBMC has departed.
SPA held its annual general meeting yesterday in Sydney.
“We’re pleased to announce the newly elected councillors who represent a significant cross section of the production industry in Australia across a wide range of genres, geographical areas and businesses structures,” said SPA CEO Matthew Deaner.
“Our councillors are well recognised through the breadth and depth of their experience, achievements and contributions. I particularly recognise and pay tribute to all our office bearers past and present and our over 500 members who ensure our organisation is successful and our industry co-ordinates its industrial and government policy work for maximum impact.”
SPA president and Wildbear Entertainment managing director Michael Tear said: “I congratulate all Councillors on their election and welcome Barbara Stephen, managing director of Flying Bark, as the new vice president and Amy Noble who joins us for the first time. I am pleased that Tania Chambers will remain on the council where her experience and dedication will continue to be a valuable asset and acknowledge Janelle Landers for her wonderful contribution over the past few years.
“SPA will continue to advocate on behalf of screen businesses and reflect their divergent interests. A common thread unites us in that we create Australian intellectual property and we are not vertically integrated. This clarity of purpose enables the industry to speak with a singular voice and to advocate from a position of strength.”
The Screen Producers Australia Council is represented by the following members for 2018-19:
- Michael Tear, managing director, WildBear Entertainment (president)
- Barbara Stephen, managing director, Flying Bark (vice president)
- Stuart Menzies, CEO, December Media
- Rachel Clements, producer, Brindle Films
- Kate Croser, producer, KOJO Features
- Marcus Gillezeau, producer, Firelight Productions
- Sean Meltzer, head of production, Roar Digital
- Wayne Borg, managing director, Fox Studios Australia
- Charlie Aspinwall, producer, Ludo Studios
- Tania Chambers, managing director, Feisty Dame
- Amy Noble, business & legal affairs, Fremantle Australia
- David Redman, Redman Entertainment