SPAA Conference announces kids TV producer workshop
Press release from SPAA
SPAA Conference and ABC Children’s Television are pleased to announce that the Workshop for producers of pre-school programs to be held on Thursday 17th November is being extended to include school-age projects. This workshop is open (without charge) to producers and creators who are registered to attend the SPAA Conference.
The workshop will provide an opportunity for producers to consult “one-on-one” with key international executives across a range of business and creative issues, such as:
• concept creation and development
• identifying the right co-production partner
• project financing
• finding the right broadcast and distribution partners
The workshop will be broken into two strands:
Advice for pre-school content will be available from:
• Diana Manson, Media Consultant, US
• Henrietta Hurford-Jones, Director of CBeebies Investment, BBC Worldwide, UK
• Joan Lofts, Media Consultant, UK
• Tatiana Kober, President, Bejuba! Entertainment, Canada
• Andrew Beecham, PBS Sprout, US
• Barbara Uecker, ABC Children’s TV, Australia
Advice for school-age content will be available from:
• Joe Godwin, Director, BBC Children’s, UK
• Nigel Pickard, CEO, Zodiak Media Group, UK
• Olivier Dumont, Managing Director, eOne Family, UK
• Suzanne French, Vice President, Children’s & Family, Shaftesbury, Canada
• Noel Price, Southern Star, Australia
• Carla de Jong, ABC Children’s TV, Australia
In order to match producers and their projects with the most appropriate consultants, producers wishing to attend the Workshop are asked to provide details of the project(s) they wish to discuss (including the target age group) and to identify the type of advice they seek for each project, and their preferred consultant(s).
Space is limited and will be allocated by prior application. There is no charge for the workshop, which will take place at the ABC TV head office in Ultimo, Sydney on Thursday 17th November.
A networking lunch will be provided by ABC TV at the venue – 700 Harris Street, Ultimo.
To apply you must:
• Be registered to attend the SPAA Conference (full registrations only).
• Submit a brief description of your project(s), details of the type of advice you seek for each project, and a brief CV for the creator and/or producer attending.
• Submit your application not later than COB 31 October to Angela Boateng firstname.lastname@example.org.
For enquiries phone SPAA on 02 9360 8988.