Stop Waiting and Start Working Now
You’ve heard the buzz. You’ve read the blogs. You tweeted/shouted your excitement. And now it’s here! Media Composer® 5 is shipping, so get ready to put all these awesome new features you asked for in action.
- Stop transcoding and start editing RED, QuickTime, and Canon tapeless media immediately
- Edit faster and easier than ever with the new Smart Tool
- Set up a cost-effective, third-party monitoring solution with Matrox MXO2 Mini
- And more!
Create without restriction, complete projects faster, and take advantage of special low upgrade pricing now before prices go up July 10, 2010. And for students, get Media Composer 5 at over 88% off the full non-academic price, plus free upgrades for four years.
With Media Composer 5, Avid is raising the bar on format flexibility, openness and speed, allowing users to get their work done faster and make more money. It is simply the fastest film and video editing system available today.
Customers asked, we listened
- Version 5 offers users more flexibility and choice with native support for RED, QuickTime (including ProRes), MXF, the new Canon XF codec and XDCAM proxies via AMA architecture, enhancing user productivity by eliminating the need to transcode, re-wrap, and log and transfer files.
- Third- party hardware support for the Matrox MXO2 Mini provides customers with a cost-effective monitoring solution that ideal for file-based workflows and workgroup editing.
- HD-RGB finishing capabilities empower customers to maximize their billing by keeping high-end finishing work in-house. Media Composer Nitris DX now offers Dual Link HD-RGB support, allowing customers to digitize RGB 4:4:4 material from video sources like Sony® HDCAM SR™. A new RGB player and full-effects processing support provide greater precision for color, keying and effects work, satisfying the demands of the highest quality productions.
- Multi-channel audio support lets users apply hundreds of real-time audio effects with support for Real-Time Audio Suite (RTAS) audio plug-ins, providing more creative and corrective audio options. Additionally, stereo timelines can now be treated as one channel/layer, easing handling and increasing available timeline real estate.
A new Smart Tool lets users drag to trim and edit, allowing direct manipulation of clips in the timeline. This feature is in addition to the advanced trim modes in Media Composer, and may be de-activated, providing customers with more choice in the way they work.