UTS launches animation festival
Press release from the University of Sydney
In its first year as a stand-alone festival, the Sydney International Animation Festival makes its debut at the University of Technology, Sydney on the 4 to 6 September.
Featuring the latest highlights of world animation, the UTS: SIAF 09 will also see internationally acclaimed producer Claire Kitson hosting a session on British animation from Channel 4 from the golden years of the 1990s and an exclusive screening of Estonian masters.
“As the epicentre of the creative industries sector and the intellectual home of animation in Sydney, UTS is the perfect institution to host a festival of this calibre,” said co-director Malcolm Turner.
“The programs have been sourced from around the world and truly show the hottest, most interesting and exciting animation available right now.
“We’re also incredibly lucky to be able to bring a producer of the calibre of Claire Kitson to Australia as a special guest,” he said.
Also on the program will be:
• Oscar winner Chris Landreth’s latest, The Spine
• Animation highlights from London, Estonia and Australia
• Funding support and commissioning process for animation in Australia panel discussion
• Showcase of Sydney based animation film, television and gaming professionals’ latest work.
• Films for kids of all ages
• The next wave of local talent from UTS
• Late Night Bizarre to shock and awe
• Claire Kitson in conversation and signing her latest book, British Animation: The Channel 4 Factor
For full program and ticketing details, visit www.siaf.uts.edu.au.