Call for entries for Australian Production Design Guild Awards
George Liddle (back row centre) with 2017 Awards winners (l-r) Tom Schwartz, Julie Lynch, Jo Briscoe, Igor Nay, Diaan Wajon, Tim Ferrier, Jane Healy, Aprodite Kondos, Toa Weis and front row (l-r) Tomas Curda, Tamara Popper, Fiona Donoval and Rolland Pike.
Entries are now open for the Australian Production Design Guild’s 2018 Awards, which include nine new categories.
Celebratings the work and achievements of design professionals from the Australian film, television, stage and interactive multimedia industries, the APDG Awards will be presented on Sunday December 16 at the Eternity Playhouse in Darlinghurst.
The new categories include:
• Excellence in live performance – Acknowledging excellence in design and practice on international productions
• Excellence in screen – Acknowledging excellence in design and practice on international productions
• Costume design on a web series
• Design for an interactive or experiential game
APDG president George Liddle said: “We’re delighted with the new award categories this year and look forward to receiving more high quality work across the various design fields and categories in 2018.”
Entries close on Sunday September 9. Award applicants must be financial APDG members. Work submitted must have been broadcast, screened or performed for the first time in the Australian financial year ending June 30.
To enter or for more info go here.
Full list of award categories:
1. Animation Design on a short film, commercial or series
2. Costume Design for a feature film
3. Costume Design for a live performance
4. Costume Design for a television production
5. Costume Design on a web series
6. Design for a commercial
7. Design for an interactive or experiential game
8. Design for a live event
9. Design for a live performance
10. Design for a short film or music clip
11. Drawing, concept illustration and concept models for screen, events, interactive
exhibition and live performance
12. Excellence in live performance – Acknowledging Excellence in Design and Practice
on international productions
13. Excellence in screen – Acknowledging Excellence in Design and Practice on
14. Lighting Design for live performance
15. Make-up & Hair Design for a film
16. Make-up & Hair Design for a television production
17. Make-up, Hair & Prosthetic Make-up Design for a live performance
18. Production Design for a feature film
19. Production Design for a television drama
20. Production Design for a television production
21. Production Design for a web series
22. Prosthetic Make-up Design for a screen production
23. Set Decoration for a feature film
24. Set Decoration for television
25. Set Design for a live performance
26. Student Design for live performance – Set, Costume or Lighting Design
27. Student Design for screen – Animation, Costume, Production or VFX Design
28. Title Design
29. Visual Effects Design for a screen production
The APDG also presents another four awards at the discretion of the judging committee, which cannot be entered.
1. Lifetime Achievement in live performance .
2. Lifetime Achievement in screen.
3. Cameron Creswell Award Outstanding Contribution to Design.
4. Thelma Afford Award.