Tropfest Australia call for entries
Filmmakers from across the globe are being encouraged to enter the world’s largest short film festival, Tropfest Australia.
Film buffs with an ace up their sleeve will have the opportunity to see their stories screened across Australia on Sunday December 6.
Scores of filmmakers compete annually for the chance to be one of the 16 finalists whose short films premiere live to a national audience of around 150,000 as well as being broadcast on SBS 2.
Tropfest is open to anyone eager to tell their story through film. Entries are open now and close on Thursday October 8.
Films must be no longer than seven minutes and, in Tropfest tradition, must contain the Tropfest Signature Item – “CARD”. This year’s TSI has already attracted some interesting interpretations in the recent #TROPVINE competition, with Claudia Pickering (@thedarclaud) from Sydney taking out the top prize for her entry involving stop motion, safari animals and a good joke.
Tropfest founder and director John Polson said, “It’s been 23 years since Tropfest first began. Today the event is a ground-breaking opportunity for filmmakers to showcase their skills in front of the largest live audience a short film – or any film for that matter – can get."
Minister for Trade, Tourism and Major Events Stuart Ayres said the NSW Government is proud to be supporting Tropfest Australia 2015 through its tourism and major events agency Destination NSW.
The winner will receive a $10,000 cash prize, a trip to LA for a week of meetings with film industry executives as well as a Nikon D810 and $2,000 RRP worth of lenses and accessories.
Filmmakers are encouraged to submit films shot on their DSLR for their chance to take home the Nikon DSLR Film Category prize. Finalists who make an entry on DSLR are automatically entered into both the DSRL category and main competition.
Julian Lucas from Victoria won the coveted trophy last year for his short Granny Smith.
For festival details, screening venues and regular updates on all things Trop visit: